Friday, 26 September 2014

Autumn Swirls


Happy Friday!! I can't believe I have a whole weekend off!! I plan on enjoying it as I'm sure I wont get another weekend off now for a while! 

So today I have a manicure I did at the beginning of the week which has now long gone, unfortunately. But for some reason this was one of those mani's that I just could not get to go right! I must have taken it off and re-did my mani about 15,0000 times (ok, that's an exaggeration but you get the idea!)


I knew what colours I wanted to do and how I wanted my mani to look but it ended up being an epic failure!! So then I changed my mind and played about another 16,000 times (again, not really but it felt like it!) until I decided that I would give stamping another go since I rarely do it.


So, I started off painting my nails using Nails Inc. Richmond Terrace which is just this lush plum shade and perfect for the Autumn. I won this last year in a giveaway and was looking forward to pulling it out this year! 

I originally wanted to do a french mani with a reverse mani accent nail but it just wasn't working for me as you can see from the epic fail photo above! The gold I used is Barry M Limited Edition 2012 in Christmas Gold. I knew the colours would look fab together. Or so I thought.....

 
I looked through ALL my stamping plates carefully to find the right pattern I wanted. I also wanted to do a matte mani, since I have a matte topcoat. After finding this really pretty swirly pattern from my Konad M63 plate I made my final attempt at a mani and I really LOVE how this turned out. 


The gold isn't as sparkly in the photos which is a bit of a downer because it looked so pretty in person! I got a few compliments from some of the mums I was talking to at a birthday party my little munchkin was at, (which is always nice) this mani lasted a good 4 days. My nails look super dry in these photos from using far too much nail polish remover! 

Well, I shall leave it at that before I waffle on like a mad woman.
Until Next Time, Keep Polishing.

For This Manicure I Used:
OPI Original Nail Envy 
Nails Inc. in Richmond Terrace
Barry M LE 2012 in Christmas Gold
Rimmel Matte Finish Top Coat
Konad Stamping Plate M63

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Dolls! I love hearing from you so please feel free to leave me some comments.