Thursday, 26 September 2013

My First Matte Mani


Hello beauties, Today I thought I would show my first Matte mani.



I bought the Rimmel Matte Finish Mattifying Top Coat a few months back in Boots and put it with all my other polish treatments and forgot about it. Then I came across it again a while back and decided I should give it a try but then forgot about it again and I've finally used it!! I've never really been drawn to matte mani's but after this I can honestly say I love it! I will be doing more of these.



This is the polish I decided needed a matte makeover. I bought this pretty bronze polish in Tesco a while back for 99p which not only is a bargain but it's pretty good quality too. See how glossy she is?? This is without any form of topcoat.



Since this is my first matte mani I wanted to keep it really simple just in case I didn't like this but it turns out I do. So I will definitely be trying some nail art along with this lovely matte topcoat. I have to say I really don't know why it's taken me so long to try the Rimmel matte top coat out. I'm not sure if this is still available to buy, from what I've heard it has been discontinued. I bought this for £4.49 and I have to say it was money well spent.

There you have it guys, I will be experimenting more.
Until Next Time, Keep Polishing.
For This Manicure I Used:
Collection 2in1 Base Coat & Ridge Filler
All About Nails in Bronze
Rimmel Matte Finish Mattifying Top Coat

Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Argh, discontinued?!?!? I've been trying to find a matte top coat for ages and nowhere has one! Looks like it'll have to be the internet!!
    Love this mani, it's really pretty :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have OPI's topcoat (I got mine at Trade Secrets) and it mattifies very well. If you want a cheaper alternative, I have seen L'Oreal's matte top coat at the drugstore, and it also works very well.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Lyndsay, I can't wait to have another play and see what designs I can mattify!! Ooooh thanks Sarah that's brill at least I can get my hands on something else now as an alternative xx

      Delete
  2. I'm never sure about matte nails, but this colour looks great! I just love a shine x

    ReplyDelete

Hey Dolls! I love hearing from you so please feel free to leave me some comments.