Thursday, 12 September 2013

Black Magic Tutorial



Hello lovelies! Today's post is my first tutorial for you guys and it's for my Black Magic mani, I have had a few people ask me how it was done so I thought it would be easier to show you. I hope you enjoy this. Shall we make a start then?? 

You Will Need:
Black Nail Polish (I chose Avon Licorice)
Silver Nail Polish (I chose Avon Starry Sky)
Dotting Tool, cocktail stick or a bobby pin for the dots. 

Step By Step:

1. I started by painting 2 coats of my chosen polishes on my nails, I painted Licorice on 3 of my nails first then I used my thumb and ring finger as accents so painted them in Starry Sky.

2. After painting the 2 coats I left my nails to dry completely before going any further to stop me from smudging them. I applied a top coat at this stage too but that's an optional step.

3. Once everything is completely dry I painted the opposite polishes diagonally on half the nail. I used Silver over the black and black over the silver. Mine don't look even because I free handed this part with the brush and painted 2 coats for an even result but if you want your lines to look straight and even I suggest using tape to give it a more professional look.

4. To make the dots I put a blob of each polish (using one polish at a time) onto a damp cotton pad, you can use pretty much anything for this I do suggest using maybe an artist palette or something like the bottom of a tub, something that you can remove the excess polish off of easily. I took my dotting tool and starting with my thumb and ring finger I added 4 silver dots along the line. Then using the black polish I used my dotting tool to add 3 dots on each nail. 

This is the cotton pad I used and my dotting tool.


Et Voila, this is how you're finished mani should look. How pretty is this?? I really hope you enjoyed my first tutorial and it was easy to follow. Please be gentle with me and leave me any (nice, lol)  feedback you may have.

Until Next Time, Keep Polishing.

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey Dolls! I love hearing from you so please feel free to leave me some comments.